If you’re new to parenting, you may be wondering how important oral care is for infants and toddlers. The answer is a flashing neon, “VERY IMPORTANT!” Oral health can significantly impact the overall health of your child.
Dental cavities and abscesses can lead to infections that can spread to other areas of the body. Complications from these infections can include hearing loss, organ damage, permanent paralysis, or even death in extreme cases. Oral health care practices begin when your child is young and ensure that your baby will grow up happy and healthy.
Many parents wonder if electric toothbrushes are good for kids. As long as you are purchasing a children’s version of an electronic toothbrush, they are perfectly safe for use on your child’s teeth. In fact, an electric toothbrush is probably better for your kid’s teeth than a manual toothbrush. Here’s why:
* Many electric toothbrushes designed for kids include some sort of appealing character or color scheme that makes the toothbrush, and therefore using the toothbrush, attractive to kids.
Ever wondered why flossing is extremely important? Perhaps you are one of those people who hate to floss, and don’t see the point. After all, the only people who floss every day are dentists and super models, right?
Well, the plain truth is that flossing is important if you want to keep your natural teeth all through your life. (And, you do not have to be a dental practitioner, a supermodel, or a neat-freak in order to make flossing part of your hygiene regimen.)
Learning to brush and take good care of your child’s teeth is a crucial task for new mothers and fathers. Oral care habits formed throughout the early years of life stick with kids until adulthood and can substantially impact your child’s dental health.
Suggestions for How You Can Care for Your Kid’s Teeth
* Never let children go to sleep with a bottle. Milk, formula, and juice can erode the tooth enameled surface while your child sleeps, creating dental cavities and troubles.
Any time a child has smelly breath, it could be quite upsetting. Each time a kid is teased for having bad breath, they can start having poor self-esteem or other self perception issues.
Preventing bad breath begins with understanding what causes it. Here are some common sources of bad breath in children and teens.
Have you ever wondered why flossing is so important? Perhaps you’re one of those people who hate to floss, and don’t see the point. Only dentists, supermodels, and neat-freaks floss every day, right?
Well, the plain truth is that flossing is important if you plan to keep your natural teeth throughout your life. (And, you don’t have to be a dentist, a supermodel, or a neat-freak to make flossing a part of your hygiene routine.)
It can’t be stressed enough how valuable dental hygiene for kids is. In addition to starting them off with awesome habits they use can all throughout their lives, wonderful dental hygiene practices will help them avoid many problems, including:
- Gum Disease
- Oral Cancer
- Heart Attack
- Halitosis (bad breath)
Just what does a dental hygiene do? Have you ever wondered what dental hygiene procedures performed at the dentist are able to be performed by a dental hygienist? We have, and we’ve decided to outline a few of them for you here.
Common Dental Hygiene Procedures Performed at the Dentist
- We have been taking our daughter... April 23, 2013We have been taking our daughter here for a couple years and have had great treatment and attention. Yesterday was my 2.5 year old sons first appointment and they did AWESOME at testing his boundaries and not pushing beyond.
- Dr. Mutschler and his staff are... April 13, 2013Dr. Mutschler and his staff are all very competent and caring. It makes the dental experience as good as could possibly be.
- My son did very well with the dentist... April 9, 2013My son did very well with the dentist and was not scared
- Hayden was. Dry nervous about the... March 23, 2013Hayden was. Dry nervous about the dentist and it hurting but after the dentist talked to him he felt more comfortable about everything.
- they are awesome and very good... March 21, 2013they are awesome and very good and patient with my children!